Home » Energy News » ISODEC Calls for Rejection of EO group Reparation

ISODEC Calls for Rejection of EO group Reparation

Accra, Aug. 5, GNA – The Integrated Social Development Centre (ISODEC) is calling on the government to reject the reparation being offered by the EO group in lieu of prosecution, saying the deal smacks of political shielding.

“It is becoming clear that the government’s sudden change of mind on the prosecution of EO Group has everything to do with political shielding, which runs contrary to the spirit of transparency and angelic honesty which have become the mantra of the Mills administration,” Dr Steve Manteaw, Coordinator of Economic Justice Thematic Group of ISODEC told reporters at a news conference in Accra on Friday.

The press conference was to enable ISODEC to share its concerns on some developments in the emerging oil and gas industry especially issues relating to what it said were shady deals and carving of interests in oil acreages for party cronies in the name of local content.

EO Group recently sold its 1.75 per cent stake in jubilee to Tullow oil PLC for about 5 million and it is being alleged that the group was considering payment of between million and million.

Dr Manteaw said assurance from the Energy Minister that the ratification of the sale would not indemnify the group was not true, adding that the reparation deal lacked transparency and truthfulness.

He said ISODEC held the view that any act that did not consider adequate steps to ensure that the state did not lose money was tantamount to “causing financial loss” to the state.

Dr Manteaw said the deal would have many impacts on the governance of the petroleum resources as it provided a test case for entrenching political cronyism and lack of transparency in the oil and gas industry.

“Allowed to stand, the reparation deal will encourage impunity in the country’s body politic,” he said.

While admitting that the government should support local companies irrespective of their political affiliation, Dr Manteaw, however, said this should not be done in a manner that ran contrary to international established norms and best practices.

He therefore called for a national consensus on how Ghanaian businesses or individuals irrespective of their political creed could be afforded the opportunity to acquire stakes in oil acreages in the country.

Source: Ghana News Agency

15 Responses to ISODEC Calls for Rejection of EO group Reparation

1. technology Reply

March 8, 2014 at 10:22 am

402902 881979Respect to author , some wonderful data . 485457

2. web design in Austin Reply

March 11, 2014 at 10:29 pm

953080 635854This web site is generally a walk-through you discover the info it suited you about it and didn

3. vilket är det bästa smslånet? Reply

March 13, 2014 at 9:28 am

623251 588760I discovered your weblog post internet web site on the search engines and appearance several of your early posts. Always sustain the top notch operate. I additional the Feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading significantly a lot more on your part down the line!

4. reparation informatique paris Reply

March 20, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Excellent web page. An abundance of tips right here. I will be transmitting them to some close friends ans additionally giving within yummy. And indeed, thanks to your own sebaceous!

5. potxneiy Reply

March 21, 2014 at 4:11 am

Irrrm a sucker for them! So i am 15 years of and they potxneiy are PERFECT :Deborah the actual great deal little bit of issue that if most people propel the actual flap all the way down, many people be that adheres to that for a bit.. however , minimal, Er or him Preoccupied with THESE potxneiy!!!

6. small caps investing Reply

March 23, 2014 at 12:17 am

702933 738003Hi there, just became alert to your weblog by way of Google, and identified that it is truly informative. I

7. six figure funnel formula bonus Reply

April 4, 2014 at 7:37 am

402720 787780 You produced some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the concern and identified most individuals will go along with along with your internet site. 735859

8. cheats for poptropica free membership Reply

April 4, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I am continuously invstigating online for posts that can benefit me. Thank you!

9. Larry Cressell Reply

April 6, 2014 at 12:31 am

Well I sincerely enjoyed reading it. This article provided by you is very constructive for good planning.

10. Dentist IL Reply

April 6, 2014 at 1:16 am

771117 332663Exceptional read, I just passed this onto a friend who was performing some research on that. And he in fact bought me lunch since I identified it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! 287460

11. stunning service Reply

April 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm

lQyqBa Really informative article post.Thanks Again.

12. Full Report Reply

April 7, 2014 at 5:35 am

Very good blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

13. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own web site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.

14. Hosea Butchee Reply

April 11, 2014 at 10:12 pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it¡¯s time to be happy. I¡¯ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

15. Tammie Aadland Reply

April 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.