Home » Business » Lonrho to manage new Ghanaian port

Lonrho to manage new Ghanaian port

By Benjamin Chiou

LONDON (SHARECAST) – Lonrho Ports will be the sole developer and manager of a new oil logstics port in Western Ghana, Lonrho announced on Thursday.

Shares in Lonrho, the Africa-focused investment company, rose 3.33% to 15.50p at 14.45pm.

Lonrho Ports signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ghanaian government’s Minister of Transport concerning the new port which will be “designated as the strategic ‘one stop’ location for supporting the rapidly growing oil, gas and petrochemical industry in Western Ghana,” the firm said.

The project will last for 25 years with the option of a 25-year extension.

“Ghana is one of the fastest growing economies in Africa and has already started commercial daily oil production from offshore fields, and production is forecast to increase substantially over the next five years,” said Lonrho’s executive chairman David Lenigas.

“The oil industry in sub Saharan Africa has become a crucial component of global production and a strong driver of economic growth,” he said.

Source: Sharecast.com

15 Responses to Lonrho to manage new Ghanaian port

1. Frank ametiemu Reply

September 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Why 25years contracts African leaders do not good visions and luck leadership quality and should always go for contract on less years to avoid corruption and mismanagement.also to enable them take a second look into the contract or deal for their mistake

2. mallorca Reply

March 10, 2014 at 6:34 am

838905 910116Hey there! Good stuff, please maintain me posted when you post something like this! 172984

3. penny stocks Reply

March 12, 2014 at 4:07 am

120621 952953Hi there, just became aware of your weblog by means of Google, and located that it is truly informative. I

4. stock tips Reply

March 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

610905 707781Hello super sch

5. free bet on grand national Reply

March 22, 2014 at 12:46 pm

623456 860759For anybody who is interested in enviromentally friendly issues, may possibly surprise for you the crooks to keep in mind that and earn under a holder merely because kind dissolved acquire various liters to essential oil to make. every day deal livingsocial discount baltimore washington 797017

6. stunning service Reply

March 25, 2014 at 8:32 pm

kGUmzr I think this is a real great blog post.

7. www.shopindream.co.uk Reply

March 27, 2014 at 11:34 am

just beneath, are numerous totally not related sites to ours, however, they are surely worth going over?…

8. bacarat Reply

March 31, 2014 at 11:48 am

803828 767577A person essentially support to make seriously articles I would state. This really is the initial time I frequented your internet site page and thus far? I surprised with the research you produced to make this certain publish incredible. Amazing job! 901645

9. 40415 623796Exceptional editorial! Would like took pleasure the certain following. I

10. Maisie Schute Reply

April 6, 2014 at 3:09 am

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you’re no longer actually much more well-preferred than you might be now. You’re very intelligent. You recognize thus significantly relating to this subject, produced me in my view imagine it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested unless it¡¯s something to do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. All the time deal with it up!

11. mold specialist Reply

April 9, 2014 at 4:30 am

847675 100131Looking forward to move into another hous?!

12. Clayton Montalbo Reply

April 13, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Excellent blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!

13. Discretie behang en groene verf Reply

April 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm

883146 366771A person essentially assist to make seriously articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web site page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish incredible. Great job! 934439

14. Les Colby Reply

April 18, 2014 at 10:52 pm

I really like your wp design, exactly where do you download it through?